You may be eligible to receive tutoring as part of your academic accommodations.
Finding a tutor
- The need for tutoring and the number of hours of tutoring is determined through discussions between you and your disability counsellor.
- Accessibility Services maintains a list of tutors, and if there is an appropriate tutor on this list your Disability Counsellor will provide you with their contact information. If you are unable to find a suitable tutor for your needs, you can look for your own tutor but that tutor must submit a CV to Accessibility Services and be approved.
Funding, fees and receipts
- If you are eligible for OSAP, you may be able to access funds for tutoring through the Bursary for Students with a Disability. If you are not eligible for OSAP, you may be able to access funds through a more limited Alternate Bursary.
- If you drop a course and have received tutoring money through the Bursary, the portion of money for the dropped course(s) must be returned to Admissions and Awards.
- Fees for tutors can range from $15 per hour to $40 per hour. A short summary of what took place during each tutoring session must be noted on the receipt.
- Funds received for tutoring from the Bursary must only be used for the tutoring requested on the Bursary application. No changes or substitutions can be made.
- All receipts must be submitted to Enrolment Services at the end of each semester. Any unused funds must be returned at the end of the semester. You should keep copies for your own records.