Stress Management & Anxiety Reduction
De-stress and find balance.
Balancing School and Life
Study Hacks - The Balancing Act: School & Life
YouTube Video Transcript
- Work smarter not harder: What time and location works best for you to study? Find the "sweet spots" when and where you are the most productive!
- Hobbies matter: Revisit old hobbies, or discover new ones by joining a U of T club. Students with actitivies outside of class perform better academically.
- Practice self care: You matter. Care for yourself: eat healthy meals, exercise and take breaks.
- Build your U of T Community: Connect with peers, professors, mentors, clubs and societies.
Reducing Exam Anxiety
Study Hacks - 6 Ways to Reduce Exam Anxiety
YouTube Video Transcript:
- Focus on process not product: Take a deep breath, and reflect on the learning you've already done. Define your goals and work towards them one step at a time.
- Eat well-balanced meals: Eat regular and avoid lots of coffee and energy drinks while studying and before an exam. Go for good proteins and complex carbs to fuel your brain!
- Clear your head: Give your hard-working brain a break. Take some time to relax and breathe rather than studying right up to the start of the exam.
- Don't forget to sleep: Without enough sleep you may be unable to recall information. Don't study all night -- turn out the light!
- Visualize and plan: Imagine a smooth day - then help it happen. Check the exam location, pack your bag early and give yourself extra travel time.
- Don't fret if a question stumps you: Write down some ideas and move on. You can do that question last and it may be easier after having completed the rest of the exam.