We offer workshops on a variety of academic topics every semester. Like our appointments, we try to make our workshops as interactive as possible – using practical skills while explaining the theory behind them. We also keep the size of the group small enough to cater to your individual needs and answer all of your questions.
We offer a variety of workshops that are interactive and give you practical skills to help you succeed. All workshops take place on Mondays from 5 – 7 p.m. in the Blackburn Room (Robarts Library).
Please log in to CLNx first to view the workshops on the Academic Success calendar and to register.
- September 16, 2019 – Getting Organized & Staying on Track
- September 23, 2019 – Critical Thinking, Reading & Note-taking
- September 30, 2019 – Skills to Improve your Concentration & Memory
- October 7, 2019 – Planning for Research & Assignments
- October 21, 2019 – Managing Procrastination & Increasing Motivation
- October 28, 2019 – Preparing for Exams & Managing Exam Anxiety
- November 4, 2019 – Staying Resilient & Managing Stress throughout the Term
- November 11, 2019 – Skills to Improve your Concentration & Memory
- November 18, 2019 – Critical Thinking, Reading & Note-taking
- November 25, 2019 – Managing Procrastination & Increasing Motivation
Exam Prep workshops: an academic edge to ace your exams!
Exam Prep workshops involve short, responsive discussions on studying for and writing exams. Bring your questions and concerns so we can focus on what matters most to you!
Our starting points include:
Juggling multiple exams
Tackling multiple-choice exams
Essay and long-answer exams
Problem-solving exams for STEM courses
Effective studying at the last minute
Exam Prep workshops will run from November 26 to December 11 at various times. Please watch this space for the schedule, and register on CLNx.
Request a workshop
If you’d like to request a custom workshop, let us know! We welcome opportunities to collaborate with students and colleagues across campus and in the community.
Our dynamic team of staff and mentors have expertise across a range of learning topics and theories, and we can create workshops customized for your group. We consider workshops to be small interactive learning experiences, different from presentations – but we can and will work with PowerPoint and speak to large groups if that’s what works for you. We can also facilitate reflection on learning experiences through creative writing, dialogue and art-based activities related to either curricular or co-curricular learning.
We would be happy to work with you to accommodate a request for your group. Allow at least 4 weeks' notice to give us time to tailor the content to your needs. Fill out our Workshop Request Form or contact us for more information.