We offer workshops on a variety of academic topics every semester. Like our appointments, we try to make our workshops as interactive as possible – using practical skills while explaining the theory behind them. We also keep the size of the group small enough to cater to your individual needs and answer all of your questions.
Robarts Workshop Series – Blackburn Room, 4th Floor, Robarts Library (MAP)
All workshops are on Wednesdays, from 5:15 - 6:45 p.m.
- January 18 – Time Management
- January 25 – Reading & Note-Taking
- February 1– Avoiding Procrastination
- February 8 – Effective Writing: Planning & Process
- February 15 – Exam Preparation & Anxiety
- February 22 – Effective Writing: Space and Time
- March 1 – Critical Thinking: From Observation to Critique
- March 8 – Effective Writing: Structure & Sources
- March 15 – Critical Thinking: From Critique to Response
- March 22 – Giving Effective Presentations
- March 29 – Managing Stress to Increase Learning
- April 5 – Exam Preparation & Anxiety
To register, please visit the Career Learning Network (CLN) and view the St. George Academic Success Centre events calendar. Please note, registration opens 2 weeks prior to the workshop date.
If you have any problems with registration, or have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Request a workshop
If you’d like to request a custom workshop, let us know! We welcome opportunities to collaborate with students and colleagues across campus and in the community.
Our dynamic team of staff and mentors have expertise across a range of learning topics and theories, and we can create workshops customized for your group. We consider workshops to be small interactive learning experiences, different from presentations – but we can and will work with PowerPoint and speak to large groups if that’s what works for you. We can also facilitate reflection on learning experiences through creative writing, dialogue and art-based activities related to either curricular or co-curricular learning.
We would be happy to work with you to accommodate a request for your group. Please allow at least 4 weeks notice to give us time to tailor the content to your needs. Please fill out our Workshop Request Form or contact us for more information.