English Language Support
As an international student, you have access to language support programs and many other academic resources while you are here at U of T:
- English Communication Program (ECP) — Enhance your English communication skills through these non-academic courses offered by CIE.
- CIE Language Exchange – Meet other students, learn new languages and share your own.
- English Language Program – In-depth academic courses in English offered by the University of Toronto’s School of Continuing Studies.
- Writing Centres — Make an appointment with a writing instructor or visit the drop-in centre to improve your writing. Read more about Advice on Academic Writing.
- Academic Success Centre — Choose from a variety of lectures and workshops to help you improve the skills you need to succeed as a student.
- The Office of English Language and Writing Support — If you are a graduate student, the School of Graduate Studies offers individual consultations and a range of workshops and non-credit courses for both native and non-native speakers of English.
- Arts and Science English Language Learning Program — ELL supports all U of T undergraduates enrolled in the Faculty of Arts and Science whose first language is not English (ESL or multilingual students), as well as native speakers seeking to improve their English language skills.
- Engineering Communication Program — Helps undergraduate engineers to build professional level communication skills.