Volunteer at CIE
Looking for a way to get involved in the international community at the University of Toronto? CIE's Volunteer Program gives you the chance to help us provide the best services, support and social opportunities for international students during their stay in Canada. Both Canadian and international students are welcome to join!
Keep in touch and in the know! Subscribe to 9 New Things International e-newsletter by sending an email to email@example.com.
You can volunteer in several areas:
- Orientation volunteering
- Cultural and social events volunteering
- Global Students’ Network
- English Communication Program instructors
- iConnect International Mentorship Program volunteers
- Global Ambassador Program
CIE Volunteer Application Form 2017-2018
Volunteer at the Centre for International Experience
Currently, CIE is seeking volunteers for 2017 orientation activities and programming. Visit Orientation Volunteering to learn about opportunities and how to apply.
More information about other volunteer opportunities at CIE during the 2017-2018 academic year such as for special events, short-term opportunities, or to support programs will be available later in the year (including information on how to apply). Please check back periodically or go to the CIE News section of the website for announcements.
For questions or assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Volunteering at CIE provides a nice platform to interact with people from diverse cultures and nationalities. This feeling of internationalism, together with an opportunity to welcome newcomers gives me a sense of satisfaction and joy.”
“It gives me an opportunity to socialize.”
“I like feeling that I’m contributing to a community.”
“I can connect with people from diverse background and I can help them more easily settle down with U of T.”
“I always have a lot of fun interacting with staff, other volunteers and visitors to CIE!”
“It’s a break from studies – learning something new, meeting people, and having fun.”
CIE Student Advisory Committee 2016-17
The Centre for International Experience invites interested students to participate in the CIE Student Advisory Committee (CIESAC).
The purpose of CIESAC is to provide student feedback about CIE programs, services and future initiatives.
Participation on this committee will be eligible for validation/recognition on the Co-Curricular Record (CCR).
The committee will:
- Provide feedback and recommendations regarding services and programming currently offered by CIE
- Serve as a starting point for other Student Life offices to engage with international students
- Identify future directions and potential areas for growth
- Current U of T student
- Have an interest in CIE programming, including intercultural learning, support for international students, and international study opportunities
- Available to attend meetings (see ‘Time Commitment’ below)
We are looking for a diverse student representation:
- Undergraduate and graduate students
- Both international and domestic students
- Commuters as well as those living in residence
- Students from the LGBTQ+ community
- Students from all types of families
- CIESAC will meet from 4 to 6 p.m. on four Fridays during the academic year (i.e. November, January, March, and April). Light refreshments will be provided.
An information session about CIESAC will take place on Thursday, November 3 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
CIESAC Info Session: Nov. 3, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- CIESAC Meeting #1 November 18, 4 to 6 p.m.
- CIESAC Meeting #2 January 20, 4 to 6 p.m.
- CIESAC Meeting #3 March 10, 4 to 6 p.m.
- CIESAC Meeting #4 April 7, 4 to 6 p.m.
How to Apply for CIESAC:
Students who want to join CIESAC should submit a brief statement of interest and resumé by email to Marc Arnold (email@example.com) before 5 p.m. on Friday, November 4, 2016.
The selection process will be based on application materials and a brief interview with CIE staff. Our goal is to appoint 10 to 12 students for the committee this year.
Global Student Network
Are you interested in becoming a member of the Global Student Network (GSN), a recognized student club associated with the Centre for International Experience, and get CCR recognition? Roles and involvement can be with the Finance Committee, Communications Committee, Events Committee, or External Relations Committee.
What is GSN?
The Global Student Network (GSN) is a group created in affiliation with the Centre for International Experience at the UTSG campus. The GSN aims to engage students with international experiences (such as international students or students interested in studying abroad), and to assist students with their transition to the international community. The GSN will provide a network for international student association heads, while hosting a number of events to help students build practical skills and thrive in the international community.
How to apply
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in becoming a member of the Global Student Network (GSN).
Deadline to apply is June 1, 2017 11:59 p.m.
You will be contacted for an interview.