If you are experiencing a housing emergency, we can help.
Assistance for students in a crisis
We offer one-on-one assistance and referrals to students:
- Who have lost, or are at risk of losing their current housing situation
- Whose current housing is untenable
- Who may not have the resources (personal, financial, etc.) to find housing on their own
A housing emergency may be due to:
- Conflict in the home
- Relationship break-up
- Unsafe or unlivable housing conditions
- House fire or other calamity
- Financial difficulty
- Short-term homelessness
- Other issues
We can help
If you are unable to find temporary housing, stay with family or friends, or if you have any other issues that make it hard to find appropriate housing (short or long-term), we can help.
We will work with you and other U of T staff, as appropriate, to help you find housing and continue with your studies.
To arrange an appointment, call 416-978-8045, extension “0” or visit Housing Services at 214 College St., Room 203.
Who to call in an emergency
If you do not have a place to stay for the night, and it is after hours, please contact Campus Police at 416-978-2323.