Working with your Accessibility Advisor
You and your Accessibility Advisor will collaborate in developing your accommodations.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Think about what you would like to try.
- Pay attention to what is going on when you are struggling and tell them about it.
- Speak up if their proposal won’t work for you.
- If you experience difficulties or a flare-up of your symptoms, let your Accessibility Advisor know. They can be much more effective in helping you if you let them know at the time, rather than afterwards.
- You need to re-register each year by contacting your Accessibility Advisor. Your accommodations can be reviewed for effectiveness at that time. Where there could be changes to your condition, we may ask for updated medical documentation.
- Put the deadlines for booking exams at the Test and Exam Centre into your calendar to help you remember.