Research & AssessmentAssessment -- whether it be through surveys, focus groups, interviews, or other methods -- is how we make sure our current programs are relevant and effective. It is also how we identify unmet needs and develop new programs to address those gaps.
Several staff within the Office of Student Life have both theoretical and technical knowledge in designing and implementing assessment projects and can work with other University departments and student organizations to help you with your projects. We can also provide training in developing student learning outcomes, and provide free access to an assessment service provider called Student Voice.
Student Life Programs administers, on behalf of the Vice-Provost, Students, the campus-wide contract for Student Voice, an assessment service provider. Through the U of T contract, departments on the St. George Campus have free access to:
- An on-line survey system, providing live results
- Reporting features - you can export your data to various formats
- Assessment Toolkits - samples of other surveys and survey items you can borrow
- Advice and expertise from the Student Voice staff.
- Webinars on assessment-related topics.
learning outcomes. We can provide training and consultation to staff on an as needed basis. Contact David Newman, Assistant Director, 416-946-7744, firstname.lastname@example.org.