Our peer programs give students one-to-one and group support, as well as the chance to contribute in a variety of roles and contexts. With an academic or social focus, challenges are addressed with a positive, practical approach that creates new opportunities for growth and connection.
Students registered with Accessibility Services can connect with an Access Us peer mentor and be part of a supportive community that includes:
- Being mentored by an upper-year student (3rd and 4th year or graduate)
- Social events throughout the semester
- Academic workshops led by a Learning Strategist or other professionals (e.g. time management, exam preparation, effective note-taking, etc.)
- Leadership, Professional & Career Development Opportunities
Peer Advisors: Daily Drop-ins
Peer Advisors are available to help students:
- Learn about the services at Accessibility Services
- Discover supports and resources at U of T
- Register for tests and exams
- Download their Letter of Accommodation
- Write emails and get tips on communicating with professors and course instructors
- Plan out their semester and plan ahead
- Get tips on time management and manage school work
- Practice and learn about self-care
- Exploring your identity and disability
- Career exploration
Peer Advisor Drop-In hours will resume in the fall. In the summer, our Orientation & Transition Assistant is able to support students in short drop-in meetings on Tuesdays 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. & Thursdays 2 – 4 p.m.
Drop-in hours are open to all students connected with Accessibility Services.
Location: Accessibility Services, 455 Spadina Avenue, Room 417A
Social Association for Students with Autism (SASA)
Are you a student living with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)? Join your fellow students for informal discussions and group activities where you can share your interests in a welcoming social setting. All U of T students are unique, and SASA provides students with ASD, the chance to connect, contribute and develop new friendships. As well as weekly meet-ups with a board games, options for solo activities, and light snacks, the group decides on occasional outings based on mutual interests.
SASA will re-launch in Fall 2019. If you are interested in joining our listserv to stay connected and receive details about our summer socials, please email Rouya Botlani at email@example.com.