Meet with a Learning Strategist
All students can meet with a Learning Strategist for individualized support. In these meetings, you can:
- Learn to manage time and address procrastination issues and stress
- Develop new strategies, including active studying, reading and note-taking, and exam preparation
- Improve your research, writing, and presentation skills
- Learn about the University's academic systems and services
Types of Appointments
We offer two main types of appointments
- 30-minute appointments for straightforward issues and strategies
- 50-minute appointments for a deeper exploration of complex issues and strategies
If it’s your first meeting with a Learning Strategist, you will usually meet for 50 minutes so we can gain an understanding of your current situation, assess your strengths and identify useful learning strategies.
- Generally, we book follow-up appointments when needed after two weeks. This allows you to practice and reflect on strategies before returning to refine or explore further.
- More frequent appointments are determined on a case-by-case basis. You can discuss this with your Learning Strategist.
Walk & Talk appointments
- Take your learning strategies appointment out of the office!
- During these appointments, we practice what we preach by getting outside and moving to activate our learning.
- We usually meet with you individually, but if you and a friend have a similar question or concern, or if there’s a group project you’d like to discuss we also offer small group advising for 2 or more students.
Make an Appointment
There are three ways to make an appointment:
- By phone: call us at 416-978-7970 (September-June hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; July-August hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- In-person: visit us at the Student Success Front Desk, located in the Koffler Student Services Centre building (214 College Street, Room 150)
- Online Chat: By using our online chat tool during available hours
Appointments at Other Locations
You can meet with a Learning Strategist at other locations across campus. Contact the unit or the Faculty or College Registrar to book at each location:
- Academic Bridging Program - For more information email Alyssia Bueno at email@example.com.
- Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering
- Faculty of Kinesiology & Physical Education
- Faculty of Medicine – Office of Health Professions Student Affairs
- First Nations House
- Innis College
- New College
- St. Michael’s College
- Transitional Year Programme
- Trinity College
- University College
- Victoria College
- Woodsworth College