We offer workshops on a variety of academic topics every semester. Like our appointments, we try to make our workshops as interactive as possible – using practical skills while explaining the theory behind them. We also keep the size of the group small enough to cater to your individual needs and answer all of your questions.
Fall Workshop Series
We offer a variety of workshops that are interactive and give you practical skills to help you succeed. All workshops take place on Wednesdays from 5:15 p.m - 6:45 p.m. in the BlackBurn Room (room 4036) in Robarts Library on the 4th floor.
- October 24, 2018 - Planning for Research & Assignments
- October 31, 2018 - Delivering Effective Presentations
- November 14, 2018 - Getting Back on Track: Sticking with Your Plan, Dealing with Procrastination, and Maintaining Motivation
- November 21, 2018 - Getting Back on Track: Adjusting Your Plan and Building on Your Learning Strengths
- November 28, 2018 - Preparing for Exams & Managing Exam Anxiety
- December 5, 2018 - Staying Resilient & Managing Stress Through End of Term
Exam Prep Series: An academic edge to ace your exams!
November 26 - December 6, 2018
Student Success Centre, Room 150, 214 College Street
Come to short, focused discussions with a Learning Strategist about the exam skills that matter to you and your discipline, including:
- Multiple choice exams for humanities and STEM courses
- Problem solving in STEM courses
- Essay and long answer exams
- Memory techniques
- Juggling multiple exams
- Effective studying at the last minute
Find the full schedule and register online at CLNx to guarantee your spot.
Request a workshop
If you’d like to request a custom workshop, let us know! We welcome opportunities to collaborate with students and colleagues across campus and in the community.
Our dynamic team of staff and mentors have expertise across a range of learning topics and theories, and we can create workshops customized for your group. We consider workshops to be small interactive learning experiences, different from presentations – but we can and will work with PowerPoint and speak to large groups if that’s what works for you. We can also facilitate reflection on learning experiences through creative writing, dialogue and art-based activities related to either curricular or co-curricular learning.
We would be happy to work with you to accommodate a request for your group. Allow at least 4 weeks' notice to give us time to tailor the content to your needs. Fill out our Workshop Request Form or contact us for more information.