CCP Student and Alumni Advisory Committee
The Centre for Community Partnerships is looking for students to serve on our Student and Alumni Advisory Committee.
The CCP Student and Alumni Advisory Committee is comprised of:
- two student co-chairs
- one staff co-chair
- and 12 to 15 members
The Committee will have regularly scheduled meetings four times per year (Fall, Late Fall, Early Spring, End of Spring).
The chair and members will serve a two-year term.
Meetings, Activities, and How to Apply
The 2017-2018 meetings are scheduled for the following times:
- Friday, October 20, 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Friday November 24, 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Friday, January 19, 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Friday March 23, 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m.
In addition to these four meetings, the Committee will first meet as a team to participate in the Great Canadian Shoreline event, happening on Saturday, September 23rd 2017. Visit http://shorelinecleanup.ca/ for more details.
The CCP Student and Alumni Advisory Committee Members will:
- Provide feedback to the CCP staff regarding programming and direction.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the profile of the CCP (key messages, methods of promoting the CCP to students).
- Consult with member constituents regarding challenges, opportunities and accomplishments relevant to the work of the CCP.
- Identify methods of promoting service-learning/community engagement programs and courses broadly.
- Identify methods of reducing barriers to participation in service-learning/community engagement programs and courses.
- Identify key messages to be communicated to students, staff and faculty regarding service-learning, community engagement and community-based learning opportunities.
- Identify specific themes/areas of interest for the year.
Additionally, Committee members will also have to opportunity to be a part of a sub-committee for CCP’s Community-Engaged Initiative Grant. For more information about the grant program please visit the webpage for CCP Community-Engaged Initiative Grants.
The CCP Student and Alumni Advisory Committee will provide input to the Director of the CCP on the following (but not limited to):
- Progress made on each area of the Advisory Boards mandate.
- New initiatives resulting from the work of the Advisory Board.
- Effectiveness of programs and services offered at the CCP.
- Recommendations for next steps with regard to enhancing service-learning; community engagement; and community-based learning opportunities at the University of Toronto.
Interested in applying?
Please complete the CCP Student and Alumni Advisory Committee Application Form by 4:30 p.m., Friday, July 14th, 2017.
Thank you for your interest.
For questions or further information, please contact Amina Farah at firstname.lastname@example.org
CCP Student and Alumni Advisory Committee Application
The Centre for Community Partnerships is looking for students and alumni to serve on our Student and Alumni Advisory Committee (CCP SAAC).
If you are interested, please complete the following application form by 4:30 p.m. Friday, June 14, 2017.