Workshops and other events
Attend our faculty workshops and events to learn from your colleagues and share strategies and resources around community-engaged learning.
Faculty Institute on Community-Engaged Learning 2017
Beyond the University: Innovations in Community-Engaged Learning
Hosted by the Centre for Community Partnerships, University of Toronto
June 7 and 8, 2017, Hart House, University of Toronto
Wednesday June 7, 2017, 7 p.m.
Music Room, Hart House
Institute Keynote Co-hosted with the Jackman Humanities Institute
Alison Isenberg Professor of History, Princeton University; Co-Director, Princeton-Mellon Initiative in Architecture, Urbanism, and the Humanities
Thursday June 8, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
East Common Room and South Sitting Room, Hart House
Panels and roundtables on topics including:
- Beyond the University Gates: Community-Engaged Learning in the City
- Beyond the Text: Community-Engaged Learning in the Humanities
- Beyond Service-Learning: Alternative Models of Community-Engaged Learning
- Beyond ‘Publish or Perish’: Reciprocity in Community-Engaged Research
- Beyond Work: The Value(s) of Community-Engaged Learning
Past events for faculty 2014-2015 & 2015-16 & 2016-17
Looking for information about the kinds of events offered by CCP in the past? Our faculty gatherings are informal meetings that bring together instructors who teach, or are interested in teaching, community-engaged and service-learning courses; and our workshops have covered a variety of topics related to community-engaged learning.