Global Career Seminar
Looking for cross-cultural opportunities during reading week - February 2018? Application for Cross Cultural College: Global Career Seminar in Canada will open on October 3, 2017 and close on October 29, 2017. Read more about this the Global Career Seminar and apply to this unique program before the deadline!
The Global Career Seminar aims to introduce current business issues, and to provide students with an opportunity to analyze and find solutions for actual problems assigned to them by companies/organizations based in Canada. The seminar will organize students screened and selected from Kwansei Gakuin University (KGU), Mount Allison University, Queen’s University and the University of Toronto into groups. Students will then be given specific business problems, offered by company representatives, which they will be expected to analyze and propose solutions. During the fall semester pre-seminar internet sessions linking KGU and Canadian university students will be conducted for preparation, and on commencement of the seminar at University of Toronto, further lectures, discussion, and preparation for group presentations will take place. The final presentations will be made to the representatives of the companies that proposed the problems.
The companies/organizations involved in last year’s program include Ernst & Young (HR), Toyota Canada (HR), Mercer (Marketing), Hardy Stevenson & Associates (Community Development), Queen's Innovation Connector(Marketing), and Toronto Japanese Association of Commerce & Industry(Marketing).
More information and video about the program is available on CIE Opportunities Tool. Look for “Kwansei Gakuin University” for the Fall/Winter Term.
February 19 to 24, 2018 at University of Toronto, St. George Campus
*U of T students will check in at the designated accommodation on February 20th and check out on February 25th.
Online Pre-Seminar Sessions
- 10 Pre-Seminar Sessions will be conducted starting in late November.
- Applicants must attend all the Pre-Seminar Sessions stated in the Syllabus.
3 KGU credits will be awarded from KGU. They will be recognized as transfer credit (INX2**H BR=3) at U of T.
KGU will provide the participants with shared accommodation (without meals) at cost to students. Students will stay at the Holiday Downtown Centre (30 Carlton Street).
- 0.5 credit U of T tuition for students in programs paying per-course fees.
- No additional U of T tuition for students in flat fee programs.
- 37, 000 Yen (Appx $415 CDN) fees payable to KGU for administration and housing costs.
*Students are responsible for their own meals and transportation cost during the program
- Minimum CGPA 2.25.
- Must have completed at least 4.0 credits at UofT by the end of December 2016.
- Only open to current undergraduate degree students.
Applications open on October 3, 2017
You will need to upload:
- Statement and Questionnaire Form
- Interim Grade Report if your CGPA is below 2.25 or if you currently have grades for fewer than 4.0 UofT credits. (You will need to complete at least 4.0 credits at U of T by the end of December 2017.)
Deadline: Wednesday, October 29, 2017
This seminar aims to introduce some contemporary business theories and concepts, and provide students with an opportunity to analyze and find practical solutions for actual business issues in Canada in collaboration with organizations based in Canada.