CIE Language Exchange
Bonjour U of T! Te gusta estudiar lenguas? If you are studying a language, or just have a general interest in languages, the CIE Language Exchange program welcomes you! This is your chance to practice or learn the basics of a new language, while helping other students do the same!
Come to the Winter Term kick-off event: Thursday, January 17 from 4:50 - 6:30 p.m. at the Centre for International Experience (33 St. George Street).
When and where
We invite you to meet other students interested in languages. Let us know what language(s) you would like to learn and what language(s) you can share with the Language Exchange community. You will become a member of two groups: your target language-learning group and your language-of-strength group. At each meeting you’ll begin in one of your identified language groups and then switch to your second identified language group at the halfway point. We provide material to help with ideas for teaching others your language of strength.
When: All events and meetings take place on Thursdays from 4:50 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Where: Centre for International Experience (33 St. George St.)
Fall 2018 dates:
- Kick-off event: Thursday, September 20 4:50 p.m.– 6:00 p.m.
- Regular weekly meetings: September 27, October 4, 11, 18, 15, November 1, 15, and 25. Note: there will be no meeting on November 8 due to Reading Week.
- CIE Language Communities Fall Social: Thursday, November 29
Winter 2019 dates:
- Kick-off event: Thursday, January 17 4:50 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Regular weekly meetings: January 24, 31, February 7, 14, 28, March 7, 14, and 21. Note: there will be no meeting on February 21 due to Reading Week.
- CIE Language Communities Winter Social: Thursday, March 28