Rotary Orillia Winter Weekend
February 22-24, 2019
Are you an international or exchange student who is new to the joys of Canadian winter? If so, then this is the trip for you! Don’t miss your chance to participate in a weekend homestay in Orillia, Ontario and try a variety of winter activities such as ice hockey and tobogganing.
Orillia, Ontario is 135km north of Toronto and borders Lakes Simcoe and Couchiching. The Centre for International Experience is pleased to offer this annual opportunity in partnership with the Orillia Rotary Club.
Students will be hosted in one of the Orillia Rotary Club member's homes and will enjoy some of the great things winter has to offer: maple taffy, cross-country skiing, tubing and more! The trip is free, but you may be asked for a small contribution to the cost of the chartered bus transportation. Students are required to prepare a 3-5 minute presentation about their country of origin to be presented during the trip. The application is open to international and exchange students from different countries of origin.
- Application deadline: Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- Interviews: Group interviews will be held during the last week in January. Applicants will be notified of their interview day and time on Friday, January 25.
- Pre-trip orientation: An orientation session will be held the week of February 4 (TBD).
- Trip dates: Friday, February 22 – Sunday, February 24, 2019 (leaving midday Friday and returning Sunday evening)
- Post-trip meet up: tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, February 27 (time TBD).
How to Apply
Applications for the 2019 Rotary Orillia Winter Weekend are now closed.
Please note: Due to strong interest in this event, late applications cannot be considered.
If you have an accessibility or accommodation requirement and/or would prefer to complete an application in person, please contact us as soon as possible prior to the application deadline. We will do our best to make appropriate arrangements.