Campus Organizations Advisory Board
The Campus Organizations Advisory Board provides guidance to campus organizations on the St. George campus concerning support, goals and outreach.
The Campus Organizations Advisory Board provides guidance to campus organizations on the St. George campus concerning support, goals and outreach. The focus is on developing and evaluating current programming and outreach, as well as providing vision and advising for future projects.
Goals and objectives
- Review U Lead Program and indicate successes, challenges, areas for improvement, topic/ workshop development
- Develop awards and recognition for campus clubs and organizations
- Review outreach to Campus Clubs and Organizations and indicate successes, challenges and areas for development
- Review resources and literature for Campus Clubs, create suggestions for future publications (review works in progress)
- Develop Communities of Practice strategy and plans for implementation.
- Determine consulting strategies with other campus organizations and campus partners
Frequency of meetings
Meetings are held monthly during the Fall and Winter semesters with potential to meet in the Summer based on availability. Meetings will not be held during April (exam period).
Duration of appointment on the board
1-year appointments from March 2015-March 2016
Membership will be derived from the following categories. The Board will determine nomination and selection process during the first meeting.
- Chair: Kristen Wallace, Campus Organizations Coordinator
- Secretary: Program Officer for Campus Organizations
- 2 Executive Members of Organizations from 21 Sussex
- 2 Executive Members of Organizations from Campus Community (without space in Sussex or Residence)
- 2 Executive Members of Residence Councils
- 2 Executives from Course Unions
- 2 First/Second Year students who are members of a Campus Organization (can be executive or general member)
- 2 Staff Members from U of T
- 1 Liaison from UTSU
- 1 Liaison from APUS
- 1 Liaison from GSU
Becoming a member
Complete the registration form to express interest in becoming a member of the Advisory Board. All interested applicants will be contacted and a first meeting will be called. The Board will determine the selection process during the first meeting.