The National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) (pronounced: nessie) is a survey used to measure the level of student participation at universities and colleges in Canada and the United States as it relates to learning and engagement.
Beginning in 2006, all 19 publicly-assisted Ontario universities took part in the NSSE survey as part of their commitment to the Ontario government to improve accountability and focus on the quality of the student's learning experience.
On February 8, 2017 all first year and all fourth year undergraduates at the University of Toronto from the following Faculties will be invited to participate in NSSE 2017:
- Faculty of Arts & Science
- John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design
- Faculty of Music
- Faculty of Kinesiology & Physical Education
- Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering
- University of Toronto Mississauga
- University of Toronto Scarborough
All fourth year students in the Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing will also be invited to participate.