Community Action Project: Story Planet
Story Planet is a non-profit organization that empowers children and youth from grades 1-12 in under-resourced communities through creative workshops that integrate art, writing and digital media.
Story Planet’s workshops complement and support the Ontario curriculum particularly in literacy and language development.
Earlier grades can explore the visual side of storytelling, while older students can craft a written story, script, digital narrative or play.
This opportunity is open to all University of Toronto students.
How it works
Students who wish to participate in this opportunity must:
- Register for the Story Planet Project
- Meet with one of our coordinators to find out more
- Fill out a Police Reference Check application by requesting one in person at our office or by emailing us
- Attend the Community Action Project Orientation
- Attend Story Planet training
- Attend reflection sessions with the CCP and Story Planet
Story Planet offers flexible scheduling for students.
Volunteer opportunities usually occur Monday to Friday during school hours, between 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., with special events on weekends.
Story Planet Building
269 Gerrard Street East (Gerrard Street East and Berkeley Street, just before Parliament Street)