Community Action Project: City Adult Learning Centre (CALC)
The City Adult Learning Centre (CALC) is a secondary school offering an academic program for adult students working towards their Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).
In your role as a tutor, you can help CALC students build upon their existing skills as you assist them with one or more of the following subjects: senior math, biology, chemistry, accounting and English. There is a particularly high need for tutors with senior math and science knowledge.
This program is offered in collaboration with Woodsworth College.
This opportunity is open to all University of Toronto students.
How it works
Students who wish to participate in this opportunity must:
- Register for the CALC Project.
- Meet with a CCP representative to find out more.
- Attend the Community Action Project Orientation. Note: If you missed Orientation, not to worry! You can still participate in Community Action Projects. A CCP representative will set up a one-on-one meeting with you.
- Meet with our community partners at CALC.
- Attend reflection sessions with the CCP.
City Adult Learning Centre’s tutoring program runs daily (Monday to Friday) from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Tutor’s time commitment is flexible, and typically students volunteer for at least one shift per week. Volunteers will receive a complimentary lunch as the program occurs over lunch time.
City Adult Learning Centre
1 Danforth Avenue (Closest Intersection: Bloor St. East and Broadview Avenue)
Toronto, ON M4K 1M8