Community Action Project: City Adult Learning Centre (CALC)
The City Adult Learning Centre (CALC) is a secondary school that offers an academic program for adult students, ages 21 and over, who wish to earn the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).
Become a volunteer tutor at CALC. As a tutor, you can help students build upon their skills and realize their potential. Tutors teachers support learning in their classrooms. You get to choose which subject you will tutor, and we will provide you with the training you need.
This program is offered in collaboration with Woodsworth College.
This opportunity is open to all University of Toronto students.
How it works
Students who wish to participate in this opportunity must:
- Register for the CALC Project
- Meet with one of our coordinators to find out more
- Fill out a Police Reference Check application by requesting one in person at our office or by emailing us
- Attend the Community Action Project Orientation
- Attend the CALC training
- Attend reflection sessions with the CCP and CALC
Volunteer for 1 to 2 hours a week in fall or winter semester.
City Adult Learning Centre
1 Danforth Avenue (Closest Intersection: Bloor St. East and Broadview Avenue)
Toronto, ON M4K 1M8